Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day Seven Work Day (Sort Of)








It's Tuesday---we can't believe we've only been gone for seven days. It's seems like months already.



We've been sight-seeing, we've been orientated, and now it's time to go to work. That was the plan anyway and we actually did that for half the day. We worked in our flat until 12:35. At that point, we headed out for the our 20 minute walk to the university. We arrived at 12:55, just in time for the lunch bell to ring at precisely 1:00. We lined the dining hall, waited for the prayer, and then lunch was served. Yesterday there were three long tables; today there were four. The students are starting to arrive so the dining room had to grow. We witnessed something that has never happened at Regents. The head table, the sacred post for faculty members, but not used by Regents faculty, was used today as there was not enough seating in the dining hall. It caused quite a buzz among faculty members. Some said it was historic. If you don't recognize the handsome man in the photo--that's 2 papa, all dressed up for college. He's standing in the beautiful quad of our school.

It was warmer today (still raining though) so after lunch we decided to walk back down to the shopping area and check out those great boots I spotted the first day. They were still in the window waiting for me and are now enjoying my new bedroom floor. Great purchase. You'll all love them. Actually, if you'll notice the mannequin is missing her clothes as I bought the entire outfit right off her back.

Back to our flat with high hopes that our washing machine would be fixed. Instead, we found a lovely note that said they could not make the washer repair today as they were unable to get the parts. I have to tell you our bathroom is not smelling that great since that load of wet clothes is still sitting in the bathtub. It smells a little like a gym locker room. UGH!! We walked seven minutes to the nearest shopping area and located a Laundromat. The coins we found in the drain may come in handy after all. Tomorrow--clean towels!!

If you know me very well at all, you know I love peanut butter. The peanut butter I bought the first day doesn't taste very good, so we went back to the grocery store to get another brand. What was I thinking??? We are so blessed in America! I know for myself I'm not always grateful that I can choose Jif, Peter Pan, or the cheaper store brand. And even if my washing machine breaks, I can go next door and someone will gladly let me use theirs. As with any trip out of the country, this trip reminds me of all the blessings I have. I love this scripture in Luke as it is translated in The Message. I need to be more noisily grateful for all the blessings I have.


"They all realized they were in a place of holy mystery, that God was at work among them. They were quietly worshipful—and then noisily grateful, calling out among themselves, "God is back, looking to the needs of his people!" The news of Jesus spread all through the country." Luke 7:16

I hope you are all having a great week. You're missed and loved. We are loving skype and getting to see our grandkids by video phone. Another blessing! Thank you God.

Hugs, 2 mama

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs are hilarious! 2-papa looks sophisticated!! Can't wait to see your boots, I wore my Uggs today and everyone loved them! Sadie

    I miss you 2-Mama! Bella

    ReplyDelete